Hey guys! I have been wanting to start a blog for a while now and I decided to just dive in!
For those of you that know me know how much I hate cooking, especially for just myself. BUT with all that said I am also a grown ass adult, and need to start acting like one. SO, without further ado, since I have taken my life back into my own hands a few months ago and started my glorious new health journey of fitness, healthy/mindful eating, and a total shift in my mindset, I am glad to share one of my favorite veggie dishes with you all!
Hopefully you enjoy it as much as I do!
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH
SERVES 4 (1/2 squash per serving) Prep time: 10 min Cooking time: 55 min
Non-stick cooking spray
2 small acorn squash, halved, seeded
1/2 tsp sea salt (or I use Himalayan salt)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 tsp unsalted grass-fed butter
4 tsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat large baking sheet with spray. Place Squash, cut side down, on baking sheet.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
4. Turn cut side up. Season with salt and pepper. Dot each half 1 tsp butter; drizzle with 1 tsp pure maple syrup. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and nutmeg.
5. Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.